Last week I featured The Trouble with Spells and Fire & Ice in my special Facebook group, The Royal Court of the Queens of Romance, since they both feature the same storyline, but from different character perspectives. I've decided to start sharing these book features to my website as well, since readers in that group enjoyed them so much.
This week, I'm featuring The Demon Kiss, book two in the Of Witches and Warlocks series. I hope at some point to rewrite all these books from Vance's perspective, since there is so much yummy goodness around him that we don't always get to see unless he is with Portia.
I haven't written anymore from Vance's perspective at this time, mainly because I don't know if there's that much interest in it. But if I do continue on, the rest of that series might read a bit more on the "New Adult" side of things, since Vance thinks a LOT about sex. Hahaha! You know, the typical guy brain. (PS. If you're reading Fire & Ice on Wattpad for free, the next chapter has been posted today.) :D
Fun Facts about The Demon Kiss:
1. I wrote The Demon Kiss in SEVEN DAYS!
2. My daily word count average was 12,300.
3. I wrote for 20 hours a day, and slept 4 hours a day...not always consecutive hours of sleep either.
4. Part of the reason for my lack of sleep was that VANCE would wake me up with more ideas. (I know it sounds crazy, but it is true. It has always been his voice that speaks to me, even though the story is in Portia's voice.)
5. The only time I took a break from writing was to go to the bathroom.
6. My husband and kids made all my meals and brought them to me so I wouldn't die of starvation.
7. The story came to me so quickly that I couldn't keep up with everything. I had to keep notes of new ideas that popped into my head, so I wouldn't forget them before I got to the places to add them.
8. The Demon Kiss was my first Indie published book.
9. This story goes to Puerto Penasco, Mexico, also known as Rocky Point. I have personally stayed in the resort/condo described there and have slept in Vance's bed. ;) #BeJealous
About the Image:
I've been working with several exclusive images from the custom photoshoot with Regina Wamba that I had done for this series. Some are for teasers, others are possible book covers for future books of Vance's, if I write them. This is one of those images I've made, though it goes with book four, The Dark Rising. Do you like it? :)
Here's a little teaser for you from The Demon Kiss. I'm not going to "explain" much about it, since I don't want to give any spoilers away from the first book, for those who haven't read it.
“Don’t you get it?” he asked me softly, his blue eyes streaked with shots of red staring deeply into my soul. “I want all of you. I crave all of you. My body is demanding to have all of you, and my emotions are always right behind them. I’m always teetering on the brink of disaster. One second, I just want to sink my teeth into you—the next, I want to throw you down and have my way with you. It hurts to be away from you, but I think it might hurt more to be with you. If I slipped, just once, and did something bad, I’d never be able to forgive myself. I’ve gone too far already. That is why we’re in this mess.”
He stood up and paced away from me, slamming his fist into t the opposite wall, causing me to jump. Cracks appeared in the thick block, and I wondered if he had broken every bone in his hand.
“What do I do, Portia?” he asked quietly, without turning. His head hung in frustration. “I’m completely out of control.”
The Complete of Witches and Warlocks series in available now in both print and ebook.
© Moonstruck Media / Lacey Weatherford Books